Sunday 7 February 2016

The Book Thief, by Markus Zusak

Hey guys, this is Abi here,
And yesterday, I finished The Book Thief!
And so, with that, I give you my review!
So, let's go!

The Book Thief, by Markus Zusak 
Title: The Book Thief
Author: Markus Zusak
Genre: Fantasy, Historical, Young Adult 
Release date: 2005
Pages: 584
Blurb:          THIS IS THE TALE OF THE BOOK THIEF,
AS NARRATED BY DEATH.
AND WHEN DEATH TELLS A STORY.
YOU REALLY HAVE TO LISTEN. 

It's just a small story, really, about 
amongst other things: 

A GIRL
AN ACCORDIONIST
SOME FANATICAL GERMANS
A JEWISH FIST-FIGHTER
AND QUITE A LOT OF THIEVERY. 


My Thoughts
Zusak really was very smart when it came to writing this. I mean, if it was a book about a germam girl in WWII stealing books, it would be a fairly interesting book. But with death narrating a book set in the most bloody time in our history, is just incredible. The book lived up to the hype completely. I laughed, I cried, I grinned from ear-to-ear. Absolute winner. 
The characters. Liesel. Hans Hubermann. Max Vandenburg. Rudy. But particularly Hans. He taught Liesel to read and write, despite not being much better at them himself. He was a flawed character, but the accordion... just... just... oh, just go read the book! 
Now, the accordion brings me to how beautifully this book was written. I mean the detail of the description is just magical. Plus the way she rounded up the ending just made you think: Wow. 
The plot didn't make me feel like it was a plot. It took me on a journey, and I often forgot that it was a book. It made me see Liesel's anger, her sorrow, and her happiness in the events that led to her destruction. It really is an incredible book. 
This book took me through twists and turns that have me the maximum capacity to get me through what needed to be shown to me as I got through the book. It introduced me to flawed characters, lonely and grieving characters, and intelligent (but they may not know it), and THE MOST AMAZING CHARACTERS YOU WILL EVER MEET! 
And so, that is my review on Book Thief! 

And that is all I have for you today guys! I will be seeing you tomorrow, and bye! 

-Abi xxxxx 

No comments:

Post a Comment