Friday 26 February 2016

Ritual & Legacy (Vampire Beach #3 & #4), by Alex Duval (Part 1)

Hey guys, this is Abi here,
And I am going to do another review! So, with further ado, let's get on with the review!

Ritual & Legacy (Vampire Beach #3 & #4), by Alex Duval (Part 1)
Now since this book is two and one, I'm going to focus on Ritual today, and do a review of Legacy on Sunday.

Ritual (Vampire Beach #3), by Alex Duval
Title: Ritual 
Author: Alex Duval 
Genre: Speculative fiction 
Release date: 16th June, 2008
Pages: 217
Blurb: "The A-list bites.

Jason Freeman has gotten used to the fact that beneath its glamorous surface, DeVere Heights is full of unexpected secrets. And vampires. Then just when he thinks he's golden, he's attacked. With a crossbow.
At first the attention Jason gets from his crush, Sienna, makes the wound almost worthwhile -- especially after she breaks up with Brad. But the crossbow-wielding lunatic isn't finished, and his next victim is found dead with a bolt through the heart.
As tensions rise at DeVere High, suspicions about the attacker point to pretty much anyone. There's something cold and hard in Brad's eyes-the look of a killer? Nah...."

My Thoughts
Now, this was the last one that I read in the series (it's insanely hard to find the whole series in one), and even though it was in a different order to the actual series, I can still remember what each book brought, and to be honest (hate to say this, really do) but I really didn't think that it flowed as much as the others. There were points where I just wasn't interested in some of the parts. I think it might have been because I'd already read the rest of the series, and apart from a couple of things, there was no point in this one becoming a book. And also, I thought that those events would happen way differently. 
And also, the ending seemed a bit rushed...
Saying that, their were some good points. It's easy reading, I read it in literally half a day, just wanting to know more. It was so frustrating in what happened, I swear I was mentally shouting at the book, just kiss eachother! (If you've read the book you know what I'm talking about). 
So, that is my review on Ritual! Let me know if you have any thoughts on my review, or the book itself! See you later, bye! 
-Abi xxxxx

No comments:

Post a Comment