Monday 15 February 2016

February Book Haul (2016)

Hey guys, this is Abi here,
And I'm sorry I didn't do a January Book Haul, but since I did two December Book Hauls, I figured that it was okay. (Also I literally didn't get any books in January), so here is my February Book Haul!

February Book Haul (2016) 
Coffee Morning Sales
Okay, my theatre group did a coffee morning on Saturday, and they sold book, and I kid you not, I bought 7! (If they were 50p each, or 3 for £1, you would too!)

1. The Wolf Brother series, by Michelle Paver
Okay, yeah, I know these look a little young for an 18 year old, and they are aimed at someone younger, but come on, they were 6 books for £2, and they would have been much more otherwise, plus I really the first one years ago. 
These books are: -Wolf Brother
-Spirit Walker 
-Soul Eater
-Outcast
-Oath Breaker 
-Ghost Hunter 

2. Point Blanc, by Anthony Horowitz
Now, I currently own 4/10 of the Alex Rider book at the moment, and at present I haven't read any of them. Stormbreaker is the story of a 14 year old boy called Alex Rider (kind of obvious), and he's a spy. From what I can tell, this series is about his adventures. These are the books in the series: (The ones in bold are the ones that I currently own)

-Stormbreaker
-Point Blanc
-Skeleton Key
-Eagle Strike
-Scorpia
-Ark Angel
-Snakehead
-Crocodile Tears
-Scorpio Rising
-Russian Roulette
These are also fairly young, but I loved the Power of Five series, so I thought I'd give this series another attempt. (I've attempted Stormbreaker too many times I've lost count, but why not). 

Others
3. Book Thief, by Markus Zusak
Okay, I know that I've already read this and done a review, but I haven't included it in a book haul, so I thought I should. This book, in case you didn't know, is set in World War II Germany, and it is about a girl who steals books. Best Book EVER. Full review on my blog, somewhere. 

4. More Than This, by Patrick Ness
Okay, now I wasn't completely sure whether I should buy this or not, because I read "The Knife of Never Letting Go", and that one seemed fairly repetitive, but this one seems really interesting, plus the hype is massive. Who knows, after this one I might read "The Rest of Us Just Live Here"? 

5. The Girl With All The Gifts, by M. R Carey 
I don't really know that much about this book, but from the blurb, it seems like it's kind of intense, and I really want to read it. That's... about the beginning and end of it, really. 

6. I'll Give You The Sun, by Jandy Nelson 
Okay, I've wanted to read this for so long. It's about twins Jade and Noah, I have a twin called Ryan. They are both trying to get boys they can't seem to get (I got this from the blurb, by the way), and both me and my brother have been in that place. I really need to read this, particularly as something happens that drives the twins apart, and one perspective is of before this mystery event happens, and one after, and I think that is really interesting. I really need to get on to this soon. 

And so, those are all my books in my February Book Haul! I really hope that you enjoyed this post, and I will see you guys on Wednesday! Byeeeee! 

-Abi xxxxx







No comments:

Post a Comment