Monday 22 February 2016

Buying Books At Charity Shops

Hey guys, this is Abi here,
And today I wanted to talk to you about... buying books at charity shops.
So, think about it. You get a book anyway, and it's the same quality as you'd get in a normal bookshop, and if not, the money goes to charity. Also, odds are, it's going to be cheaper.
I mean, half of my TBR List are from charity shops:
-Nineteen Minutes, by Jodi Picoult
-Ritual and Legacy, by Alex Duval
-The Girl With All The Gifts, by Mike Carey
-More Than This, by Patrick Ness

I mean, look at this book. I got More Than This, by Patrick Ness for 95p, and it's in near perfect condition, at a charity shop. Also, it is a hardback, and it would originally have cost me £12.99, had I bought it in Waterstones. Nothing against Waterstones, I love them, but I got this from Air Ambulance. 

Now, remember when you buy a book at a charity shop, it isn't about the price, it's the fact that by buying this book, you are helping someone else from maybe a life threatening situation. So, please buy a book from a charity shop, whether it be from Age Uk, or Aim Ambulance, or Oxfam, because it's a nice thing to do. 

-Abi xxxxx

No comments:

Post a Comment