Hey guys, this is Abi here,
And I finished Winter in 5 days! That's the entire Lunar Chronicles!
To be honest it was bittersweet, because now the series is over...
But (and I'm going to be quoting J. K Rowling here), "I'm not going to cry because it's over, I'm going to smile because it happened"!
Well, I don't really have anything else to say, so I'm going to start my review!
Winter (The Lunar Chronicles #4), by Marissa Meyer
Author: Marissa Meyer
Genre: YA (Young Adult), Retelling and Sci-fi
Release date: 10th November 2015
Blurb: "Princess Winter is admired by the Lunar people for her grace and kindness, and despite the scars that mar her face, her beauty is said to be even more breathtaking than that of her stepmother, Queen Levana.
Winter despises her stepmother, and knows Levana won't approve of her feelings for her childhood friend- the handsome palace guard, Jacin. But Winter isn't as weak as Levana believes her to be and she's been undermining her stepmother's wishes for years.Together with the cybord mechanic, Cinder, and her alias, Winter might even have the power to launch a revolution and win a war that's been raging for far too long.
Can Cinder, Scarlet, Cress and Winter defeat Levana and find their happily ever afters?"
The perfect ending to the Lunar Chronicles! The characters, the writing, that PLOTLINE! OMG, that plotline...
This is the book where all four come together. Cinder. Scarlett. Cress, and Winter. All completely different, yet the way they come together as a team to try and defeat a common goal (Queen Levana) is just absolutely phenomenal.
Everything is just incredible. The characters, the writing, the plotline. All of it.
Go and read it if you haven't.
SPOILERS COMMENCE PAST THIS POINT. IF YOU HAVE NOT READ WINTER DO NOT READ PAST THIS POINT. YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED.
OMG, this book. (And I know that I have said that for all of these, but with this one I mean it)
These are the points that I was all over the place for, and my thought processs when these events happened:
- The conversation between Kai and Thorne- about where each of the team will end up after all of it is over- I wanted to cry, it was so cute (but I really couldn't because I was on the bus at this point)
- Cress sacrifying herself to save the others shows how much she has changed from "damsel in distress" (that honestly annoyed me that she thought of herself as a "damsel in distress" in Cress) that she used to be. It shows how much she has changed, which I loved.
- Oh. My. God. Queen Levana is so ruthless and merciless (to tell Jacin to kill Winter). If these characters don't kill this one by the end of the film, I will kill her myself.
- OMG, Cinder being put in a cell with Adri and Pearl- laughing SO HARD. Seriously hand to face laughing (my reaction to Cinder's reaction to her sharing a cell with them)
- Queen Levana just gave letumosis to Winter, and again, this woman had better die, because I hate this character. So. Frickin. Much.
- Well. Emperor Kai has a backbone, or he's suicidal, but I don't think that is it (my reaction to Kai saying he is going to blow himself and Luna up) OMG, please do not do that!
- Awww! Cress and Thorne kiss! Wow... passionate and intense, but stroking her back, which is Thorne saying that he will always be protecting her. So cute!
- And then... Thorne... will everything just keep getting in the way of Cress and Thorne? *Sobs*
- HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAA Winter is being healed with the antidote for letumosis! Just the author sticking two fingers up at Queen Levana :)
- Iko's and Cinder's relationship is so cute! ("Broken is not unfixable") also when Cinder is trying to get to Kai and Queen Levana, and Iko wants to come too, like if the same thing was happening at the beginning of the series, Iko would want to go to meet Kai, because she really fancied him, but now she wants to go because she wants to support Cinder, awwwww...
- WINTER MANIPULATING SCARLET AND THE AFTERMATH OF THIS
- OMG- Levana manipulating Thorne to jump off that massive jump that Cinder and Thorne previously fell from, and then Cinder jumping in after him. AND THEN Thorne almost killing Cinder under the manipulation of Queen Levana.
- The ending. OMG
Also, the idea of people not kneeling when talking to royalty, but high-fiving them instead, I would fully support that.
So, that was my thought process whilst reading this book, and now I am emotionally drained, as you can probably tell...
Yeah, so as you can also probably tell, I completely loved this book. I mean, the characters were incredibly incredible (doesn't make sense, I know, but... yeah)
Winter, was incredibly wise, and she reminds me of a Hufflepuff, you know, because any type of lose of life is unacceptable, which I absolutely loved. Her relationship with Jacin is just magic, she has grace, and sympathy, and heart, and is the complete opposite of Queen Levana, with I also loved.
The writing, again, just swallowed me whole, again.
The plotline... My thoughts on the plotline, is above!
So, that was my review on Winter, and it saddens me to think that this series is over, but I am completely satisfied by how it did end, and I absolutely loved it, again!
and with that I bid you, goodbye! Byeeeee!