Monday 30 November 2015

November Wrap Ups

Hey guys, this is Abi here,
And this is my first Wrap Up!
A lot of firsts this month...

So yeah! This is my November Wrap Up, and most people know what a Monthly Wrap Up consists of, but if you don't, this is what is in a Monthly Wrap Up.
I've said wrap up an awful lot...

So, a Monthly Wrap Up, is basically a list of what that person has read in that month, and a bit of a description about that specific book, okay?
So I have read a total of 7 books in the month of November, and these are the books that I have read, including the authors of the books:
1. The Raven Boys (The Raven Cycle #1), by Maggie Stiefvater
2. Fangirl, by Rainbow Rowell
3. Carry On, by Rainbow Rowell
4. All the Bright Places, by Jennifer Niven
5. One Day, by David Nicholls
6. Cinder (The Lunar Chronicles #1), by Marissa Meyer

So, those are the books that I have read in the month of November, and on to the description.

1. The Raven Boys (The Raven Cycle #1), by Maggie Stiefvater
I actually can't remember all that much about that book, except for the fact that it is about a girl, Blue, who if she kisses her true love, he will die, and that it involves four boys that are completely different, and going through different things, and a treasure chest that they all try to find, and it's all very mysterious. It was actually okay, but it wasn't unforgettable, and it took me 6 days to read a book of like 350-ish pages, and it was a bit disappointing, to be honest.







2. Fangirl, by Rainbow Rowell

I love this book, I read it for the first time last year, and I've flown through it both times while reading it. I think it took me like 3 and a 1/2 days last year, and it took me 2 days this time around.
It's about a girl called Cath, who has a twin sister called Wren. They do everything together, until when they go to University, when Wren decides she wants to do her own thing, leaving Cath to try to deal with being by herself. She has a fanfiction of a series not unlike Harry Potter, and you go through the challenges of Cath's first year with Fiction Writing and new people and just a bunch of stuff. Now, this book is just cuteness rolled up in a ball. I highly recommend picking it up if you haven't already.




3. Carry On, also by Rainbow Rowell 
 Now, I was really excited and interested to see how Rainbow Rowell handled writing a fantasy, whether it would feel differently to her other works, (though I have only read Fangirl, but I hear her other works are incredible) and she did absolutely incredibly for her first attempt, I must say. This book is about the character's that are in the series that Cath writes about in Fangirl (and no, you do not have to read Fangirl to read Carry On, even though I did, but then I love Fangirl, and I wouldn't give up any opportunity to read it, but I'm an exception). You jump from several characters, and it's really refreshing seeing different people's opinions on events in the book. You jump from Simon's, Baz's, The Mage, Penelope, Agatha, and Lucy as the book goes on, and each perspective is absolutely unique, and brings something new to the story. And I have to say, it is nice to see that not only can Rainbow Rowell do Contemporaries, she can also do Fantasy too.


4. All the Bright Places, by Jennifer Niven 
This book has subjects in it to be kinda depressing, but Jennifer never gives in and does that, and for that I applaud her. This book is about suicide, and no, I'm not gonna sugarcoat it. It jumps from Violet to Finch and this book circles around their relationship, and how they affect each-other. It starts with Violet and Finch meeting on top of the bell tower, and Violet is about herself, because she is so torn up about her sister dying in a car accident. (Although people think that it is the other way around, you know, Violet climbing up to talk Finch down from trying to kill himself), and it goes from there. They are partnered together for a project to explore places in the area, and this book is just sososososososo good. Go read it.




5. One Day, by David Nicholls 
The cover for it all basically covers the basics. The protagonists are two people, Emma and Dexter, and it goes over the years on one specific day, and see how different their lives are from the years before. Somehow they are in each others lives year after year, no matter in what way, whether it's because they miss each-other, or are mad at each-other, it doesn't matter. And what's good about this book is that even though a year has passed in every chapter, you don't feel like you miss out on a thing, also you never get the two people mixed up, because the characters are completely different. And I think that's quite an achievement.




6. Cinder (The Lunar Chronicles #1), by Marissa Meyer 
I feel like the majority of you guys know what this book is about, because this series is incredibly popular, but I'm going to tell you about it anyway, for those that don't.
Cinder is set WAY in the future (5 World Wars have passed), and Cyborgs exist, although most people distrust them at least. And there's a disease going round that kills people. When her sister falls ill of this disease, Cinder is taken to be a test subject where her whole story with the Prince Kai, and the Lunar Queen, and just a bunch of craziness happens.
This book is incredible. I read the entire 387 pages in approximately 2 days, and left me hungry for more (I'm now reading Scarlet, the next book in the series).



So, they were all the books that I read in the month of November, and I have to say that I enjoyed them all, in one way or another. So, if you liked this post, feel free to follow me on Google+, or even comment because I would love to hear your comments and opinions, on if you've finished the book and what you thought of them, or something, so byeeee!

-Abi xxxxxxx
 


No comments:

Post a Comment